Hi! I’m Aaron Douglas.
I’ve been a geek my entire life. I can remember taking things apart as a child just to see how they worked. I’ve wanted to be a software developer since the second grade. I can remember typing in BASIC programs into my Apple IIe from the 3-2-1 Contact Magazine and thinking how awesome it was. I also enjoyed movies like WarGames and TV shows like Whiz Kids. Turns out I’m exactly how I wanted to be.
I’m an empathetic person so I tend to understand users better than most. Mobile software has me the most interested right now because of the tight interactions users have with the devices. I write software that people use right before they go to bed and right when they wake up. That’s some serious power.
What Drives Me
- My partner of 18+ years, our house, our dogs.
- Camping every weekend at our seasonal campsite in summer.
- Geeking on the computer.
- Training to be a nuclear physicist. (passing hobby that piques my interest again ever so often but would never want as a career)
- Seeing things around me that people can’t. (paying attention)
- Making things (software) that improves and enriches real peoples’ lives.